KL Sentral KTM Komuter Station
About The Station
KL Sentral KTM Komuter Station is a KTM Komuter station located in KL Sentral, Kuala Lumpur. The Station forms part of a common KTM Komuter railway line shared by both the Seremban Line and the Port Klang Line.
Opened on 16 April 2001, despite its name it is actually even less central than the old Kuala Lumpur Railway Station, a colonial-era landmark that now remains open for local commuter trains only. KL Sentral is the largest railway station in Southeast Asia.
KL Sentral refers to the entire 290,000 square metres of development built on the former Keretapi Tanah Melayu marshalling yard in Brickfields. The development includes the transportation hub, hotels, office towers, condominiums and shopping malls and is expected to be completed in 2015.
KL Sentral was designed as an inter-model transportation hub. Most of Kuala Lumpur's passenger rail lines serve KL Sentral, while many intercity trains serving Peninsular Malaysia and Singapore start here.
The following rail services serve in KL Sentral:
• Express Rail Link (ERL):
- KLIA Ekspres: high-speed direct train to the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA)
- KLIA Transit: high-speed transit commuter train service to KLIA with 3 quick intermediate stops.
• KTM Komuter: Port Klang Line and Seremban Line.
• KTM Intercity: Intercity trains that connects from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok and Singapore.
• Electric Train Service (ETS): Electric transit trains that connects from Kuala Lumpur to Ipoh.
• LRT Kelana Jaya Line: Putra Height-Gombak light rail transit (LRT) service.
• KL Monorail's KL Sentral station: Across busy Jalan Tun Sambanthan, a 410 metres walk away by covered walkway.
• MRT Kajang Line - Muzium Negara MRT Station, connected to KL Sentral Main Terminal by a covered 240 metres pedestrian walkway.
All the railway components, shopping malls, offices and apartments of the scheme have been completed and fully operational now.
KL Sentral has also been made a city bus hub by RapidKL as part of its bus network revamp. It is the bus hub for city shuttle (BANDAR) bus routes and trunk (UTAMA) bus routes.
• Side Platform
• Ticket Vending Machine
|Address||Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Kuala Lumpur|
|Lines||Seremban Line / Port Klang Line (KTM Komuter)|
|Platforms||2 Side Platforms|
|Tickets||Ticketing Counters & Vending Machines|
|Counter Open||6.30 am - 10.00 pm|
LRT Kelana Jaya Line
MRT Kajang Line
folder_open Seremban Line / Port Klang Line (KTM Komuter)